Protecting Your Business against a Storm
Making sure that your building is prepared before a storm event happens is the best way to minimize damage should such an event occur. Taking the time to make sure pre-storm inspections are completed will pay off in the long run.
- Take a close look at the exterior of the building. Cracks and gaps may develop over time and allow water to enter the structure and cause damage. A visual inspection can usually find these areas and taken care of.
- Check the seal around doors and windows. Gaps around doors and window may allow wind and rain to enter causing water damage to the interior of the structure.
- Check the foundation for areas that water may accumulate water and leak into the building causing structural damage to the foundation.
- Inspect Roofing. Checking the condition of the roof before and after a storm event. While maintenance personal may perform routine inspections having a roofing company maintain and repair should an important part of the structure.
- Test and maintain any backflow prevention valve and sump pump prior to any storm event may allow a backup of this system that can lead to overflows.
After a storm event passes make sure to inspect the entire building for damage. Maintaining your building before a storm event is the best way to minimize any damage that may occur.
If your property, commercial or residential, suffers from any type of storm damage, call SERVPRO of Lane County 541-345-0115