Don't do THIS after a fire!
Do not reenter your home, under any circumstances. Fires can cause structural damage, and until it is deemed safe by a professional you should not enter. Even if it does not look like there is extensive damage, you need to have it inspected before entering. Lingering smoke in the air, electrical circuit malfunction, and gas leaks are all common risks following a fire. To ensure your safety, get out and stay out.
Do not try to clean up after a fire on your own. Do not try to wipe away smoke and soot damage from surfaces, this can cause greater damage to your home. The residue left behind after a fire contains harmful toxins that can cause serious irritation to your eyes, nose, throat, and skin. Because soot is difficult to remove, you risk causing further fire damage by scratching surfaces and pushing soot deeper into materials.
Safety comes first when dealing with fire damage! Knowing what to do and knowing what not to do can help keep you and your family safe. Call SERVPRO of Lane County, we understand the need for you to feel safe and secure in your home, and we are here to help. We will walk you through every step of the fire restoration process! Call us today 541-345-0115