If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (541) 345-0115

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Restaurant Fires are Preventable

6/1/2021 (Permalink)

Restaurant fires destroy more than property.  Restaurants hold priceless memories of celebrations and firsts, meetings with important people, backgrounds for special announcements or the reliable spot to pick up favorite weekday takeout meals. With a fire, they all go up in smoke—literally. Restaurant fires can be devastating, not only to the owners and patrons, but to the employees as well. One call to SERVPRO of Lane County, and we will make your restaurant “Like it never even happened.”

DANGER:

Exhaust Systems and Ductwork

The vents and fans behind ovens and stoves accumulate a buildup of grease. 

PREVENTION

  • Clean all areas daily.
  • Twice a year, have a thorough hood cleaning by professionals.
  • Clean grease traps monthly, quarterly, or yearly as mandated by the NFPA.

DANGER:

Gas Leaks

Gas leaks are the most catastrophic cause of restaurant fires because they cause an explosion.

PREVENTION

  • Be alert and detect the signs of a gas leak (gas smell, orange/yellow flames, extinguished pilot lights)
  • Perform equipment inspections daily and replacement of worn-out equipment.

DANGER:

Electrical Problems

Heat from unsafe or poor wiring in switches, sockets, or plugs can spark flammable or combustible materials.

PREVENTION

  • Use only commercial equipment that is up-to-code.
  • Update wiring that can handle a busy kitchen.

In the event of a fire in your restaurant, SERVPRO of Lane County is here to help 24 hours a day!   541-345-0115

Other News

View Recent Posts