Embracing our "New Normal"
During this time of uncertainty, SERVPRO of Lane County wanted to reach out to you to let you know that we are here for you, in the same capacity that we always have been. In addition to our everyday services, we are also trained in biohazard clean-up, which includes cleaning of your facilities for any issues including COVID-19.
Since the end of January, even before the statewide “Stay-at-Home” orders, our franchise has been working through a government contract to set-up and run all nationwide quarantine sites across the United States. We also off-loaded the numerous cruise ships that docked on the West Coast, and were also called to clean the Life Center Care Home in Kirkland, Washington, which had one of the biggest outbreaks in the nation. Working closely with both the CDC, and the Department of Health and Human Services, we have a lot of first-hand experience that only SERVPRO of Lane can say that they have.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns, and know that as soon as it is safe for everyone, we will be back out to visit you on our normal monthly routes. In the meantime, we are just a phone call away.
SERVPRO of Lane County Fire Recovery
Recovering from a fire can be a physically and mentally draining process. When fire strikes, lives are suddenly turned around. Often, the hardest part is knowing where to begin and who to contact. You will need a professional company to help you navigate through the process.
Our crews at SERVPRO of Lane County are those professionals.
Our trained technicians will walk you through exactly what we can do for you. From securing your property, to the cleaning of the structure and your belongings. Inventory will take place on-site. Once the inventory is complete, we will pack your items and transport them back to our facility. These items will be cleaned, packed and stored at our warehouse until your home is repaired.
Call SERVPRO of Lane County 24/7/365. 541-345-0115
The Faster the Better
One thing that no homeowner wants to come home or wake up to is water damage. When water damage happens in your home from such things as a flood, dishwasher line, ice machine or broken pipe on your washing machine, quick response is essential to limiting the damage to your home and disruption to your family’s day to day life. The sooner you respond to a water emergency on your property, the less the damage will cost you. SERVPRO of Lane County has many years of experience and we understand that need for a quick response to limit the destruction caused by water damage. If water damage should invade your home, make sure to call SERVPRO of Lane County at 541-345-0115, we are ready 24/7/365.
Hours and minutes actually make a difference
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Lane County provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Lane County arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 541-345-0115
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Lane County
SERVPRO of Lane County specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Leave the Soot Alone!
Smoke and soot are both very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Lane County, will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 541-345-0115
Trusting the SERVPRO process
Once your home is damaged by a fire, your top priority is getting your property cleaned and repaired. In many cases, this desire leads people to pursue DIY cleanup projects. If this were your planned method, you should reconsider this course of action.
1. Water Removal: Standing water left behind by the fire extinguishing efforts of the local fire department have several important ramifications. The resulting water damage can be furniture, electronics, clothing, drywall, ceilings, flooring, and more. Water removal must be done quickly. SERVPRO of Lane County utilizes water pumps, wet-vacs, high-velocity fans and dehumidifiers to extract the water and moisture quickly, thereby mitigating the damage.
2. Smoke Damage: The smoke damage that results from a fire can be quite substantive. In fact, the smoke left behind can become embedded in your furniture, flooring, carpets, and walls. If left unaddressed, this smoke damage can remain in your property for years. Soot, another by-product of specific fires, needs special attention for proper clean up to avoid staining of walls and furniture. Effectively removing smoke necessitates the use of professional procedures and products that fire restoration specialists from SERVPRO of Lane County have in its arsenal.
3. Salvageable Goods: In many cases, homeowners who seek to complete the remediation process on their own will throw away items that are salvageable. Don't make this mistake. Instead, allow SERVPRO of Lane County to assist you with this aspect of the restoration process. Our technicians will inventory the affected household items and classify them into non-salvageable, salvageable or questionable lists. Items can be containerized and cleaned at our facility by our IICRC trained professionals.
4. Time Efficiency: If you attempt to complete the fire restoration process without professional assistance, the project will take a lot of time and probably lack positive results. However, hiring SERVPRO of Lane County to put your home back in a healthy condition after fire damage enables you to feel confident in the restoration. Consider the effort, equipment, and training involved in successfully restoring your home to its pre-fire condition.
Winds through the trees
Our technicians at SERVPRO of Lane County, are always ready to help! Heavy rains and strong winds can accompany just about any storm and they can cause a ton of storm damage. Winds pick up debris and move it through the are sometimes landing in power lines and or on top of houses. Rain floods homes that sit low and can make things really messy really quick!
We recently had a strong wind storm which promted our SERVPRO of Lane County crews resident to be dispatched to help one resident with a huge tree branch that fell from a tree and through the roof of his house giving him a very unwelcomed skylight!
SERVPRO of Lane County came in and packed out all of the residents belongings then did a major cleaning of the residence. We arranged for roofers to come in and repair the roof and our crew packed all of the residents belongings back inside the home once all repairs had been completed/cleaned.
If you have had storm damage in the Lane County area and need help, call our office @ 541-345-0115.
It is tragic when a flood brings devastation and water damage to your home. But rapid water removal, clean up and repairs certainly must get underway for you home to get back to normal with minimal losses.
SERVPRO of Lane County will work directly with your Insurance Agent and/or Adjuster and can assess and document all water damaged items, and expedite the water removal and restoration. We can check your home for structural damage and any possible electrical issues since water and electricity are a dangerous duo. This inspection will indicate to you the severity of the water damage that your home has suffered and any potential health issues you may have to address during the process of getting the flood damage repairs done on your home.
When these concerns have been addressed, and if you have been given permission to enter your home, you should also document all the flood causing water damage for insurance purposes. Be sure that you do take pictures of the flooded areas of your home and any damaged belongings, including damaged furniture. This, along with the input from SERVPRO of Lane County, will help you to be fairly compensated by the insurance company.
Once you have done the documentation and the adjuster had done his inspection, then the clean up starts to get under way. The home needs to be made dry and needs to be cleaned up as soon as possible to prevent any other damage from occurring. This will also lessen the likelihood of mold and mildew growth. Contamination is a given if the flooding is the result of groundwater intrusion, whether from rain, bodies of water, or a sewage blockage. Do not attempt to clean and sanitize on your own. The potential for future illness is too great.
It is wise to call the professionals from SERVPRO of Lane County; because they can immediately begin to pump out the water and mitigate on-going water damage. And they have the skill and knowledge, along with the professional equipment required to start and complete the entire restoration process for you.
After the water removal and clean up are in operation, then repairs need to be done. They could be extensive, depending on how much structural damage has occurred and the condition of the contents of your property. SERVPRO of Lane County can start with water removal and finish your project with complete water damage restoration "Like it never even happened."
53' Command Center
53' Command Center
Being a franchise that also has a Large Loss Division, SERVPRO of Lane County felt like it would be a great asset to have a Command Center that we could take with us while on the road.
Our Command Center is a one-of-a-kind, 53' Featherlite trailer, with a store front double entrance. The Command center is equipped with 6 office cubicles, full satellite communications, a 14 x 20' conference room that seats 12, with a kitchen and bathroom onboard. There is also a fully, self-contained generator onboard.
SERVPRO of Lane County purchased the Command Center with the intention of making our day-to-day business easier and more efficient while traveling around the United States. Our Command Center has been used by other agencies as well, during their time of need.
Commercial Fire Loss ~ Albany, Oregon
Commercial Fire - Albany, OR
On December 10, 2019, the Albany Fire Department's quick response kept the fire contained to building 10. Just three days after the fire, SERVPRO of Lane County, Large Loss Division was contracted, and mobilized a team of workers to demo the impacted areas and thoroughly clean both the new and existing buildings of smoke damage. With a team of approximately 75 workers, cleanup began immediately and continued through the weekend.
An additional crew of 75 people, were onsite and quickly broken out into two teams to begin the cleaning of the gym.
With the high ceilings in the gym area of the school, our cleaning efforts required multiple lifts which were operated by two-person crews.